Subject: Fmtr - simple text formatter
Newsgroups: mod.sources

Mod.sources:  Volume 4, Issue 120
Submitted by: harvard!hscfvax!popvax!mohamed (Mohamed ellozy)

Fmtr is a simple text formatter which evens out the lines of
files prepared for submission to the Unix formatters nroff,
troff, or ditroff.

     It is for users who find editing neatly formatted files
pleasanter than working with files with irregular lines.  It
knows that lines starting with a period or with an apostrophe
should be output as is, and that certain requests and macros
start no-fill mode, while others return to fill mode.  So, unlike
fmt, it will process the following example properly:

     .TS
     n n.
     1       2
     3       4
     .TE

Fmt run on that example would produce:

     .TS
     n n.  1       2 3       4
     .TE

destroying the table.

Mohamed el Lozy				[email-masked]
Health Sciences Computing Facility	...!harvard!hscfvax!mohamed
Harvard School of Public Health
665 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115